After 24 minutes of play, the Syracuse Blue team leads the White team, 7-6, at halftime of the annual Spring Game at the Carrier Dome. So far, the White team, led by starting quarterback Ryan Nassib, has struggled a bit, but did find a second-quarter rhythm to tally six points (two field goals by kicker Ryan Lichtenstein) while the Blue team has had the most chances to put points on the board.
First-half highlights included:
- Blue's senior cornerback Kevyn Scott picking off White quarterback Ryan Nassib and running 33 yards into the end zone, which led to an early 7-0 lead for Blue.
- Nassib connecting with junior wide receiver Alec Lemon on a 39-yard pass, which led to a Lichtenstein missed field goal.
- Blue team's first possession of the second quarter nearly ended with a TD when quarterback Charley Loeb tried to connect with senior tight end David Stevens in the corner of the end zone. It seemed as if Stevens caught the ball, but it was knocked loose.
- White team, led by Nassib, running back Antwon Bailey and tight end Nick Provo, finally found some momentum on the game's next possession. White drove deep into Blue territory, but had its drive stall and finish with a made field goal by Lichtenstein.
- On White's next possession, Nassib leads a nice drive down into the red zone, but it stalls after two incomplete passes and a sack by junior DE Brandon Sharpe.
White notable stats: Nassib threw for 154 yards on 8-for-12 passing in the first half, while teammate sophomore wide receiver Jarrod West had two receptions for 30 yards. Bailey ran nine times for 44 yards, while Nick Provo caught two passes for 23 yards.