West Virginia used a 9-0 run to forge a 40-40 tie at halftime of their NCAA Tournament second-round game against Clemson. The Mountaineers trailed the entire first half before going on that 9-0 run.
The Mountaineers, from the Big East Conference, are seeded 5th in the East Region. Clemson, the 12th seed, won a play-in game against UAB to reach the second round.
The winner of this game goes on to play the winner of Kentucky vs. Princeton. You can view the full 2011 NCAA Tournament schedule here. You can follow all of the action at SB Nation’s NCAA Tournament hub.
SB Nation New York will be keeping you up to date on how all of the Big East teams involved in the tournament do today.
Five other Big East teams play today:
- 1:40 p.m. (13) Morehead St. vs. (4) Louisville on TBS.
- 3:10 p.m.: (16) UNC-Asheville vs. Pittsburgh on truTV.
- 7:20 p.m.: (14) Bucknell vs. (3) UConn on TNT.
- 9:45 p.m.: (11) Gonzaga vs. St. John’s on CBS.
- 9:50 p.m.: (11) Mizzouri vs. (6) Cincinnati on TNT.