A 28-yard field goal by Rutgers University senior kicker San San Te has helped the Scarlet Knights pull within four points, 7-3, of Syracuse University in a Big East Conference at the Carrier Dome. San Te, who has missed two field goals earlier in the game, capped a 11-play, 60-yard drive that ended with 7:25 to play in the half.
Syracuse scored the game's lone touchdown on the third play from scrimmage when freshman linebacker Dyshawn Davis laid a massive hit on RU redshirt running back Jawan Jamison, who coughed up the football, which was scooped up by junior cornerback who ran 70 yards into the end zone.
Here are some first half stats:
- SU quarterback Ryan Nassib: 6-of-12 for 63 yards and an interception.
- RU quarterback Chas Dodd: 13-of-27 for 157 yards.
- SU's leading receiver: senior tight end Nick Provo with three catches for 27 yards.
- RU's Mohamed Sanu: four catches for 55 yards.
- SU's leading rusher: senior tailback Antwon Bailey with seven carries and 20 yards.
- RU's leading rusher: redshirt freshman Jawan Jamison with 11 carries and 26 yards.
- SU's first downs: two (yes, that's right).
- RU's first downs: 13 (yes, that's also right.)