Good morning, New York sports fans! Let's take our first look at the New York area sports scene on a sleepy Sunday morning.â†µ
- Has the Apocalypse come to the Syracuse University basketball team? The once 18-0 Orange have now lost four straight, and after Saturday's 76-70 loss to Marquette SB Nation's Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician theorized that perhaps prayer is what SU needs at the moment.
Not to absolve them of blame, but the Basketball God[s] simply do not want SU to win basketball games right now. Opponents are hitting three-pointers at absurd levels and at any given crucial moment, way beyond what's explainable by bad defense.
We have lost the favor of the Gods. I'm not entirely sure why and I don't know how to fix it. But we better figure it out ASAP cause the season is starting to slip away.â†µ â†µ
- The road continues to be unkind to the New Jersey Nets. The Nets lost their 11th straight road game Saturday night, falling to the Milwaukee Bucks, 91-81. Perhaps the Nets should also be praying to the Basketball Gods. â†µ
- The NFL Pro Bowl is today. I think New York Giants and New York Jets fans can agree to pray that none of the Giants or Jets in the game gets hurt. That is really all that matters. â†µ
- The NHL All-Star Game is today at 4 p.m. ET (Versus). The choose-up sides format of Team Lindstrom vs. Team Staal has regular-season teammates on opposing sides in this game. Should be fun. Oh, and pray that guys from your team don't get hurt.
- Rutgers got close Saturday, but narrowly missed a huge upset of No. 2 Pittsburgh, falling, 65-62. I guess that qualifies as an unanswered prayer.