Here are the answers to Wednesday's quiz:â†µ
1. George Steinbrenner named Thurman Munson captain of the New York Yankees in 1976.â†µ
2. Munson won three Gold Gloves, in 1973, '74 and '75.â†µ
3. He won the American League MVP award in 1976.â†µ
4. In the 1976 World Series, Munson tied a record held by Goose Goslin of the 1925 Washington Senators, when he notched six consecutive hits, spanning games three and four (the Yankee catcher was 4-for-4 in the final game of the series).â†µ
5. Jerry Narron was the Yankees' catcher in the first game after Munson's death, on August 3, 1979. Narron struck out in his two plate appearances in the 1-0 loss to the Baltimore Orioles.