Here are the answers to yesterday's quiz:â†µ
1. On April 6, 1973, at Fenway Park, New York Yankee Ron Blomberg became baseball's first-ever DH, when he drew a bases-loaded walk in the top of the first against Luis Tiant.â†µ
2. Lou Piniella was the first-ever Yankee DH in a World Series, when he went one for three in game one of the '76 Fall Classic against the Cincinnati Reds.â†µ
3. Danny Heep was the first-ever New York Mets DH, in game three of the 1986 World Series. He went one for three, with two RBIs.â†µ
4. On June 11, 1988, Billy Martin used starting pitcher Rick Rhoden as the DH. He batted seventh, and in two plate appearances he grounded out to third and hit a sacrifice fly before being pinch-hit for by Jose Cruz.â†µ
5. When the Mets and Yankees faced each other for the first time during 1997's inaugural season of interleague play, the DHs were Butch Huskey and Cecil Fielder, respectively.