Good morning, New York-area sports fans! It was a busy Saturday, and could be a crazy Sunday with the Carmelo Anthony stuff going on, so let's get to it.â†µ
- Anthony met with New Jersey Nets owners Mikhail Prokhorov and Jay-Z Saturday night, but would not commit to signing an extension with the Nets. Sounds to me like Carmelo has clearly shown his preference for the New York Knicks, with New Jersey as only a fallback if a deal to the Knicks does not happen. â†µ
- The New Jersey Devils continued their amazing run of late, defeating the Carolina Hurricanes, 4-1, Saturday night. That is three victories over Carolina, the team they are chasing for the final NHL Eastern Conference playoff berth, in less than two weeks. New Jersey is now just 10 points back in the playoff chase. If they make the playoffs it would have to be considered one of the great regular-season comebacks ever.
- The Daytona 500 is today. What NASCAR officials want to know is whether or not you will be watching. â†µ
- The St. John's Red Storm should make an appearance in the Top 25 this week after defeating No. 4 Pittsburgh on Saturday. â†µ
- Syracuse had to work overtime to do it, but the Orange defeated the Rutgers Scarlet Knights Saturday, 84-80. â†µ