Good morning, New York sports fans! Here is what's happening around the local sports scene on a Sunday morning.
- As you probably know by now, the New York Giants game against the Minnesota Vikings has been moved to Monday due to the storms in the Midwest. The Giants spent Saturday night stranded in Kansas City. The official reason for the postponement was that Metrodome officals were concerned about the snow on the roof. Let's be real, though. Who doesn't think that the Vikings saw an opportunity to get Brett Favre's injured shoulder an extra day of rest and jumped all over it?
- Big day for the New York Knicks. They have won 12 of 13 against mostly inferior competition. Today, though, they face 14-8 Denver, followed by the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat. We will know a lot more about the Knicks in a few days.
- The New York Jets are looking to restore some of their wounded pride today when they host the Miami Dolphins. The Jets desperately need a convincing victory to erase some of the questions following Monday's debacle against the Patriots.
- All three local hockey teams wound up on the wrong end of the score Saturday night. The New York Rangers lost to Columbus, the New Jersey Devils fell to the Detroit Red Wings, and the New York Islanders were beaten by the Atlanta Thrashers.
- The New Jersey Nets have lost six straight games. Avoiding a seventh straight won't be easy today when the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers visit the Prudential Center.