Good morning, New York sports fans! It was a bad football Saturday for the Big East Conference teams of local interest. Let's hope it's a better Sunday for New York's teams.â†µ
- Rutgers suffered an embarrassing 69-38 loss to Cincinnati. The 107 combined points is the most ever scored in a Big East game.
- Syracuse saw its BCS hopes go up in smoke in a listless 23-6 loss to Connecticut. The Orange had zero offense in the game, and the Carrier Dome was emptying out halfway through the fourth quarter. â†µ
- The New York Giants meet the Philadelphia Eagles today with first place in the NFC East on the line. The talk all week has been about Eagles quarterback Michael Vick and the high-flying Philadelphia offense. Let's see if the Giants can remind people that just a week ago they were being called the best team in the NFC. â†µ
- The New York Jets host the Houston Texans today. The Jets would like to win without having to work overtime for a change. Today, I think they will. â†µ
- The New York Knicks completed a highly successful West Coast trip Saturday night with a 124-115 victory over the hapless Los Angeles Clippers. The Knicks won three of four on the trip. â†µ
- The New Jersey Nets lost a heartbreaker to Denver, 107-103. â†µ