Good morning, New York sports fans! Hoops, hockey, football, baseball. We have a lot to talk about this morning. So, let's get started.â†µ
- Great starts for both of the local NBA squads Wednesday night. The New York Knicks defeated the Toronto Raptors, 98-93, and the New Jersey Nets topped the Detroit Pistons, 101-98. Both teams were optimistic heading into the season, and Wednesday was a good beginning to what each hopes will be better years. â†µ
- Ah, the poor New Jersey Devils. After losing to San Jose Wednesday night, 5-2, the Devils are off to their worst start since 1983. Stanley Cup contending teams are not supposed to start the season 2-7-1. â†µ
- The other local hockey teams also lost Wednesday. The Rangers had a three-game winning streak snapped by Atlanta, and the Islanders could not cool off the red-hot Montreal Canadiens. â†µ
- Antrel Rolle thinks the New York Giants are the best team in the NFL. Maybe he should keep that opinion to himself.
- The Mets will hire Sandy Alderson as GM. Good luck with that, Sandy! â†µ