Morning Coffee! Here is your first look at Saturday's local sports scene.â†µ
- A gloomy day if you are a New York Giants fan. Mathias Kiwanuka's bulging cervical disc is horrible news for the Giants defense. Kiwi has been the group's best, most versatile, player. At 1-2 the Giants season is in a precarious position, and this does not help. â†µ
- The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox will play a pair of games today after getting rained out -- or, really, monsooned out, Friday night at Fenway Park. A sweep gives the Yankees a good shot at the AL East title. Lose both, and Sunday will be mostly meaningless for the Yankees. â†µ
- The Mets defeated the Nationals, 2-1. Omar Minaya and Jerry Manuel have not been fired. At least officially. They have already been canned by the media. â†µ
- The New York Red Bulls host the Kansas City Wizards tonight.
- The Knicks like Chris Mullin. Chris Mullin likes the Knicks. So, why haven't they hired him yet? â†µ