As reported by NEPatriotsdraft, the New York Jets followed their 2012 NFL Draft selections with the following undrafted free agent signings:
- Damon Harrison, DT, William Penn - Harrison, 6-foot-2, 340 pounds, is a big prospect, in the physical sense of the word. He's got strength and power but is not particularly fast. He may develop as a nose tackle but has a lot of work to do.
- Ryan Steed, CB, Furman,- This 5-foot-11, 195-pound cornerback comes from Furman and as such there are big questions about how he would fare against more talented opposition. He has drawn praise for his leadership and character, and can jockey well with physical receivers. He had a subpar performance at the combine, sending his draft stock way down.
- Brett Roy, LB, Furman - Roy, 6-foot-4, 280 pounds, had a strong senior season, getting more than 10 sacks and nearly twice that in tackles for a loss. He is an undersized defensive lineman who will convert to linebacker,
- GJ Kinne, QB, Tulsa - Kinne, 6-foot-2, 215 pounds, has nice scrambling ability and strong athleticism. His accuracy on deep throughs is a weakness, and given his competition a 60 percent completion rate isn't impressing many, especially as Tulsa's spread offense helped cover up his flaws.
- Brian Linthicum, TE, Michigan State - Linthicum, 6-foot-4, 249 pounds, is a solid prospect that doesn't excel in any particular area of the game. He has strong hands and can locate the ball well and pull it in, but he struggles blocking and given his talent level would likely be used in more blocking scenarios.
- Donovan Robinson - 6'3" 232lbs - Robinson is a linebacker from Jackson State who has good speed and is strong off the edge. He's undersized for the NFL and can struggle freeing himself from blockers.
- Brody McKnight, PK, Montana - McKnight is a kicker out of Montana who has multiple 51-yard field goals on his record. He has also punted and was named Special Teams Player of the Week three times in his senior season.
For all your New York Jets news and analysis, head over to Gang Green Nation. For more on the 2012 NFL Draft, visit this storystream. For a complete list of 2012 NFL Draft results, visit SBNation.com. For even more comprehensive coverage of the NFL Draft, visit Mocking The Draft.