Good morning, New York sports fans! Let's get to our first look at today's New York area sports scene, which is a lot nicer than the latest blizzard I am staring at as I look out my window.â†µ
- So, Sal Alosi is no longer a member of the New York Jets coaching staff, supposedly leaving on his own. Whatever. Have a nice trip, Sal. Wherever you land it will be far, far away from an NFL sideline. A place you never deserve to be again.
- The New Jersey Nets hosted Carmelo Anthony and the Denver Nuggets Monday night, and they were mighty rude to their guests. The Nets pummeled the Nuggets, 115-99. Who needs Anthony, anyway?
- As the NHL All-Star break ends, the New York Rangers appear to be getting healthy. The Rangers host the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight. â†µ
- The New Jersey Devils and New York Islanders are also back in action tonight. The Devils host the Ottowa Senators and the Islanders are in Atlanta to face the Thrashers. â†µ
- The Syracuse Orange were as high as No. 3 in the country not so long ago. Now, after losing four straight games, Syracuse needs a pair of binoculars to find the top five. The Orange fell all the way to No. 17 in the latest NCAA college basketball rankings. â†µ