Good morning, New York sports fans! A little something different this morning, as I sprinkle in some comments about other goings on in the sports world amidst your New York news.â†µ
New York Jets coach Rex Ryan says he messed up by allowing star cornerback Darrelle Revis to make the decision as to whether or not he could play Monday night against Minnesota. Ryan says a lot of things I disagree with. On this one, though, he's right. Players will always play if you let them.
- Unless, of course, you are Gilbert Arenas. The former Agent Zero of the Washington Wizards now looks like even more of an idiot after admitting to faking an injury to let a teammate play. â†µ
- New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin is wary of the 1-4 Detroit Lions. Lions and "very good," which Coughlin says they are have not been in the same sentence for a while. The Giants need to be careful with this team, however. â†µ
- Hockey news: The Devils defeated Buffalo, 1-0, Wednesday night. They lost another player, however, as Brian Rolston will be out at least a month with a sports hernia. The Islanders lost to the Capitals, 2-1. â†µ
- A.J. Burnett is not only dangerous to the Yankees' playoff chances, he is dangerous to the health of his own teammates. He hit two batters Wednesday in a simulated game. â†µ
- Former New York Mets manager Bobby Valentine seems to be in line for a number of managerial jobs. My guess is Mets' fans hope one of those is not back in Flushing. â†µ
- Brett Favre says he would consider sitting if his elbow worsens. Sure, Brett. Maybe you should have just stayed away altogether. â†µ