In the latest edition of SB Nation's NFL mock draft by Dan Kadar, the New York Jets address one of their many glaring needs by selecting outside linebacker Dion Jordan of the Oregon Ducks with the No. 9 overall pick.
Jordan has been rising up draft boards for a solid month now after looking terrific at the combine and his pro day in Eugene, OR. Jordan has the perfect skill set for a 3-4 outside 'backer, with the abilities to rush the quarterback but also drop into coverage and blanket the tight end.
Considering what division the Jets play in and who generally owns it, New York desperately needs a player who can do both those things. At 6'6'' and 250 pounds, Jordan has freakish athletic ability and could really flourish under the tutelage of Rex Ryan.
Should New York take Jordan, he could be paired with last year's first round pick, Quintin Coples, giving the Jets a pair of bookend rushers for the first time since the sack exchange of the 1980's with Mark Gastineau and Joe Klecko.
More from SB Nation:
• Wheel Routes: Concussions, tolerance and Chilly
• Falcons sign "one-trick pony" Osi Umenyiora
• Could Carson Palmer land in Arizona?
• NFL Draft: Geno Smith to visit the Chiefs
• NFL mock draft: Finally, some clarity
• NFL Mock Draft: SB Nation bloggers are on the clock