The New York Jets have many problems, the biggest of which resides behind the back side of Nick Mangold. Unfortunately for Gang Green fans, no quarterback is worth that high of a draft pick outside of perhaps Geno Smith, who in SB Nation's latest mock draft is headed to the Arizona Cardinals.
In that same mock, SB Nation has outside linebacker Jarvis Jones going to New York to fill a pass rushing void that has been apparent the entire tenure of head coach Rex Ryan.
The Jets have some terrific players on defense headlined by Darrelle Revis, so Jones could bolster an already deep unit. In the past few years, the best pass rusher on New York has been Aaron Maybin, a former first round pick who was castoff by the Buffalo Bills and eventually released by the Jets.
Jones could potentially pair with last year's first rounder Quinton Coples to form a nice tandem coming off the edge, going after the likes of Tom Brady.
More in the NFL:
• NFL Mock Draft: New names rising in first round
• NFL's franchise tag deadline looms
• NFL Draft pro days and workout schedule
• Joe Flacco’s massive contract
• The speed conspiracy: Comparing NFL and high school 40-yard dash times
• The complete history of elite NFL quarterbacks