Here is a brief look back at Sunday’s 31-27 victory by the New York Giants over the Arizona Cardinals.
It Was Over When …
New York defensive back Corey Webster batted a fourth-and-two pass away from Arizona receiver Larry Fitzgerald, giving the ball back to the Giants with 51 seconds left.
The ruling on Victor Cruz’s fumble/non-fumble at the Arizona 29-yard line late in the fourth quarter. The enforcement of the previously mysterious Rule 7.2.1(e) allowed the Giants to keep the ball. Calling Cruz’s apparent gaffe a fumble would have given the ball to the Cardinals and likely ended the Giants’ comeback hopes.
Three Good Stats
- Eli Manning went 27-for-40 passing for 321 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions.
- Hakeem Nicks recorded 10 receptions for 162 yards
- The Giants went three-for-four in the red zone, including two-for-two on first-and-goal situations.
Three Bad Stats
- New York averaged only 2.2 yards rushing per play, getting 54 yards on 24 plays.
- The Giants lost their first two fumbles of the season.
- The Giants surrendered 156 yards rushing on 32 carries by Arizona, 4.9 yards per play.
- Manning, Nicks and Osi Umenyiora, who returned to action with two sacks and a key forced fumble.
The Giants host the 1-3 Seattle Seahawks.