Good morning, New York sports fans! Here is your first look at the local sports scene for this first Sunday of 2011.â†µ
- The NFL regular season ends today. Does Tom Coughlin's coaching career end with it? The embattled New York Giants coach, the league's oldest head coach, might lose his job if the Giants don't defeat the Washington Redskins today and find a way into the playoffs. Regardless of what happens, changes are coming to the Giants. â†µ
- The New York Jets face the Buffalo Bills today. The primary objective for Rex Ryan should be to make sure no key players get hurt before the team heads to the playoffs. â†µ
- The Rangers and Devils both lost in NHL action Saturday night.
- The New Jersey Nets suffered a blowout loss at the hands of woeful Minnesota Timberwolves. Our man Ryan Jones, covering the Nets for us, can't be too happy with his team these days. â†µ
- In college bowl games of interest, Connecticut did the expected in the Fiesta Bowl and got hammered by Oklahoma, 48-20. In the Rose Bow, future Big East school TCU earned the biggest victory in the history of the program, defeating Wisconsin, 21-19, in the Rose Bowl. â†µ