New York Giants fans know that the ideal path to the playoffs is by winning the NFC East title, a path which requires first defeating the Philadelphia Eagles this weekend at New Meadowlands Stadium. Both teams are 9-4 entering the game.
There is, however, a scenario in which a victory Sunday would not only give the Giants a leg up on the NFC East title, but would actually clinch a playoff berth for them. Here it is:
1) NYG win + CHI loss + GB loss + TB loss + NYG clinch strength of victory tiebreaker over Tampa Bay
There are a a variety of scenarios under which Atlanta, Chicago and New Orleans could clinch playoff berths this weekend, as well.
Games Of Interest
- New Orleans at Baltimore, 1 p.m.
- Detroit at Tampa Bay, 1 p.m.
- Atlanta at Seattle, 4:05 p.m.
- Green Bay at New England, 8:20 p.m.
- Chicago at Minnesota, Monday Night Football