The PNY Center in East Rutherford is a beehive of activity as the 2011 NBA Draft approaches, with the New Jersey Nets hosting a series of pre-draft workouts with potential draft prospects. Former Seton Hall star Jeremy Hazell, working out Thursday, is the headliner.
Hazell averaged 22.7 points, 20.4 points and 19.8 points per game during his final three seasons with the Pirates.
Wednesday six draft prospects worked out for the Nets. They were:
- BRAD WANNAMAKER, SG, Pittsburgh
- AUSTIN FREEMAN, SG, Georgetown
- JAJUAN JOHNSON, RF, Purdue -- Ranked 47th overall by Draft Express
- JEREMY TYLER, C, JAPAN
- KEITH BENSON, C, OAKLAND
- JORDAN WILLIAMS, PF, Maryland
Thursday, six more prospects will work out for the Nets. Hazell and Rutgers forward Jonathan Mitchell will be the headliners. The six players are:
- JONATHAN MITCHELL, F, Rutgers
- RASHAD BISHOP, F, Cincinnati
- TYLER HONEYCUTT, SF, UCLA
- JEREMY HAZELL, SG, Seton Hall
- CARLETON SCOTT, PF, Notre Dame
- CHRIS WRIGHT, PF, Dayton