The New York Knicks made minor moves with the passing of the trade deadline, sending Ronnie Brewer to the Oklahoma City Thunder for a 2014 second round draft pick, while also signing veteran free agent Kenyon Martin to a ten-day contract.
Brewer started the season strong for the Knicks, but as the season progressed, quickly fell out of favor with the team. He began the season slotted as the starting small forward and was a contributor to New York's hot start, but prior to the trade was barely able to crack the rotation.
More in the NBA:
• Metta World Peace greets cops wearing Cookie Monster pajamas
• Magic trade J.J. Redick, 3 others at deadline
• Josh Smith staying in Atlanta after all
• Celtics make trade for backcourt help
• NBA's best trade was made four months ago