With the 2012 Summer Olympics in beautiful London, England just a few days old, there haven't been too many medals handed out. However, the race is definitely on to see which country can bring home the most, a friendly yet fierce competition of nations.
So far, it's China leading the way with 12 overall medals, followed by the United States with 11. Italy comes in third with a grand total of eight.
Here are the top five in the standings:
- China: (12) 6 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze
- United States: (11) 3 Gold, 5 Silver, 3 Bronze
- Italy: (8) 2 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze
- South Korea: (5) 2 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze
- France: (4) 2 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
With quite a few contests underway on Monday morning, there will be plenty of shifting going in the rankings.
For a full look at the medal standings, please click here.
For more on the 2012 Summer Games, please be sure to check out our Olympic Hub and SB Nation New York for all the latest news and updates.
Olympic Medal Count: Team USA Ties China On Day 3 (via sbnation)