The start of the NCAA Tournament is just a few days away, and if you're having trouble filling out your March Madness bracket, well, no worries here my friend as SB Nation New York has come to the rescue. Below is Midwest region breakdown pick-by-pick all the way until one reaches the Final Four in New Orleans, LA.
Round of 64
(1) North Carolina Tar Heels vs. (16) Lamar Cardinals/Vermont Catamounts
Tidbit: I play the percentages in the Round of 64, and the percentages say UNC will win.
(8) Creighton Bluejays vs. (9) Alabama Crimson Tide
Tidbit: I've seen Alabama play this year, and I wasn't impressed at all. Go mid-majors!
(5) Temple Owls vs. (12) California Golden Bears/South Florida Bulls
Tidbit: USF has a shot in this one if they get past Cal, but, I have the Owls advancing to the Sweet 16, so...
(4) Michigan Wolverines vs. (13) Ohio Bobcats
Tidbit: Upset alert! Upset alert!
(6) San Diego St. Aztecs vs. (11) N.C. State Wolfpack
Tidbit: N.C. State has the momentum, but, San Diego is just too well coached and too talented to lose in the Round of 64.
Prediction: San Diego St.
(3) Georgetown Hoyas vs. (14) Belmont Bruins
Tidbit: Many like the Bruins in this one, but I've seen Georgetown play a lot this season and they won't lose this one.
(7) St. Mary's, Calif. Gaels vs. (10) Purdue Boilermakers
Tidbit: For some reason, I never pick against Purdue in the first round (and it usually pays off).
(2) Kansas Jayhawks vs. (15) Detroit Titans
Tidbit: As I mentioned earlier, in the Round of 64 I play the percentages.
Round of 32
(1) North Carolina vs. (8) Creighton
Tidbit: Not to pick on Creighton, but, come one they're play the Tar Heels.
(5) Temple vs. (13) Ohio
Tidbit: I just love how the Owls play, and I don't think the Bobcats can hang with them.
(6) San Diego St. vs. (3) Georgetown
Tidbit: The Hoyas don't turn the ball over and are well coached, and I think that combination will help them advance to the Sweet 16.
(10) Purdue vs. (2) Kansas
Tidbit: I'd like to think that the Boilermakers could pull off this upset, which it can, but I am not putting any money on it.
(1) North Carolina vs. (5) Temple
Tidbit: The Tar Heels are just too athletic and too good to lose to the Owls.
(3) Georgetown vs. (2) Kansas
Tidbit: As good as Georgetown is about slowing down the game, Kansas is just as good at scoring and it will do that more than the Hoyas.
(1) North Carolina vs. (2) Kansas
Tidbit: I know, I went chalk, but, can you blame me? These are two really good teams, and I believe that UNC is just a bit better.
For more NCAA Tournament coverage, be sure to check out our tournament stream, SB Nation's tournament hub and SB Nation New York. Also make sure to check out our NCAA Tournament Printable Bracket stream.
-- Brackets on the brain? Play Yahoo! Tourney Pick'em and be a part of the craziest month of college basketball. It is fun, easy, and free.