The 2012 NIT Tournament begins Tuesday, as the Seton Hall Pirates will face the Stony Brook Seawolves at Walsh Gymnasium at 7:15 p.m. ET on ESPN3. The Pirates, who were left out of the NCAA Tournament on Sunday, will begin their journey to try and reach Madison Square Garden, the site of the NIT's Final Four, March 27-29, and end one of their most successful seasons in recent history on a positive note.
Meanwhile, the Seawolves were denied a invite to the NCAAs field of 68 after losing to Vermont in the America East Conference's Championship Game on Saturday. If Stony Brook were to pull off the upset, they will play the winner of No. 4 Mississippi St. Bulldogs and No. 5 UMass Minutemen in the Sweet 16.
Here's a look at Tuesday's game times and TV schedule. (For a complete NIT bracket, click here.):
(No. 1-seed) Washington Huskies vs. (8) Texas-Arlington Mavericks
- 10 p.m. ET on ESPNU
(4) Northwestern Wildcats vs. (5) Akron Zips
- 9 p.m. on ESPN2
(3) Oregon Ducks vs. (6) LSU Tigers
- 9:30 p.m. on ESPN
(2) Dayton Flyers vs. (7) Iowa Hawkeyes
- 7:30 p.m. on ESPN
(1) Tennessee Volunteers vs. (8) Savannah St. Tigers
- 8 p.m. on ESPNU
(4) Middle Tenn. St. Blue Raiders vs. (5) Marshall Thundering Herd
- 9:15 p.m. on ESPN3
(1) Seton Hall Pirates vs. (8) Stony Brook Seawolves
- 7:15 p.m. on ESPN3
(4) Mississippi St. Bulldogs vs. (5) UMass Minutemen
- 7 p.m. on ESPN2
(3) Stanford Cardinal vs. (6) Cleveland St. Vikings
- 11 p.m. on ESPN2
For more on the NIT Tournament, check back to this SB Nation New York StoryStream. Meanwhile, the SB Nation blog South Orange Juice is all about the Pirates.