The Week 12 NFL Power Rankings find the New York Giants and New York Jets once again heading in opposite directions. Big Blue jumps all the way back into the top 10 thanks to a huge win over the Green Bay Packers, while Gang Green are tumbling after being embarrassed on national TV.
Check out the latest rankings and let us know what you think!
1. Houston Texans (LW: 1, 10-1)
- It'll take more than a shot to the junk to knock the Texans out of the top spot.
Next up: at No. 30 Titans
2. Atlanta Falcons (LW: 2, 10-1)
- Mike Smith tried to lose this one with a silly field goal attempt in the final seconds, but the Falcons are still knocking on the Texans' door.
Next up: vs. No. 13 Saints
3. New England Patriots (LW: 3, 8-3)
- Tough tough games left and they are both at home. No. 1 seed in their sights.
Next up: at No. 16 Dolphins
4. San Francisco 49ers (LW: 5, 8-2-1)
- Not to pile on Alex Smith, but Colin Kaepernick is the real deal.
Next up: at No. 20 Rams
5. Denver Broncos (LW: 4, 8-3)
- Whoever they face in the playoffs should hire Romeo Crennel as a consultant after he's fired. The man knows how to slow down Peyton Manning.
Next up: vs. No. 11 Buccaneers
6. Chicago Bears (LW: 9, 8-3)
- This Jay Cutler MVP talk shouldn't be dismissed so quickly... seriously.
Next up: vs No. 14 Seahawks
7. New York Giants (LW: 12, 7-4)
- Big Blue ended their November swoon in a big way. Rest of the league better watch out.
Next up: at No. 12 Redskins
8. Baltimore Ravens (LW: 7, 9-2)
- How does this team only have two losses?
Next up: vs. No. 19 Steelers
9. Green Bay Packers (LW: 6, 7-4)
- Not sure what team was wearing the Packer jerseys at Met Life Stadium Sunday night. Yuck.
Next up: vs. No. 18 Vikings
10. Cincinnati Bengals (LW: 16, 6-5)
- Practices against the AFC West continue with the Chargers.
Next up: at No. 28 Chargers
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LW: 11, 6-5)
- Gave the Falcons all they could handle and will be the Wild Card team no one wants to play.
Next up: at No. 5 Broncos
12. Washington Redskins (LW: 18, 5-6)
- RGIII and Co. can make the NFC East very interesting this week.
Next up: vs. No. 7 Giants
13. New Orleans Saints (LW: 8, 5-6)
- The Saints Express sure did come off the rails quickly.
Next up: at No. 2 Falcons
14. Seattle Seahawks (LW: 10, 6-5)
- Found a way to lose in Miami, but still in the playoff hunt.
Next up: at No. 6 Bears
15. Indianapolis Colts (LW: 14, 7-4)
- We could be headed towards an Andrew Luck vs. Peyton Manning playoff matchup.
Next up: at No. 21 Lions
16. Miami Dolphins (LW: 20, 5-6)
- Not dead yet. But the Priest has been called (his name is Tom Brady).
Next up: vs. No. 3 Patriots
17. Dallas Cowboys (LW: 13, 5-6)
- The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet... but she's warming up.
Next up: vs. No. 29 Eagles
18. Minnesota Vikings (LW: 15, 6-5)
- Hard to be contenders with two games against the Packers left.
Next up: at No. 9 Packers
19. Pittsburgh Steelers (LW: 17, 6-5)
- Note to contending teams: get a real backup QB.
Next up: at No. 8 Ravens
20. St. Louis Rams (LW: 23, 4-6-1)
- Second round steal CB Janoris Jenkins took two picks to the house against the Cardinals.
Next up: vs. No. 4 49ers
21. Detroit Lions (LW: 24, 4-7)
- Ndamukong Suh needs to kick harder next time.
Next up: vs. No. 15 Colts
22. Arizona Cardinals (LW: 21, 4-7)
- Ryan Lindley will make Mark Sanchez look like Joe Namath if he plays this week.
Next up: at No. 25 Jets
23. Cleveland Browns (LW: 29, 3-8)
- Unexpectedly spunky bunch could get to seven wins.
Next up: at No. 31 Raiders
24. Buffalo Bills (LW: 22, 4-7)
- Guess the Bills Mafia all got locked up before the season?
Next up: vs. No. 27 Jaguars
25. New York Jets (LW: 19, 4-7)
- For as long as he lives, Mark Sanchez will always be the guy that ran into his guard's butt and fumbled.
Next up: vs. No. 22 Cardinals
26. Carolina Panthers (LW: 30, 3-8)
- The explosive Cam Newton has returned just in time for his tour of the AFC West.
Next up: at. No. 32 Chiefs
27. Jacksonville Jaguars (LW: 28, 2-9)
- Meet Chad Henne: No. 1 pick killer.
Next up: at No. 24 Bills
28. San Diego Chargers (LW: 26, 4-7)
- Norv Turner scoffs at 4th and 29!
Next up: vs. No. 10 Bengals
29. Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 27, 3-8)
- Quite the 'Dream Team' Philly has put together.
Next up: at No. 17 Cowboys
30. Tennessee Titans (LW: 25, 4-7)
- Nothing like a loss to the Jaguars to kill morale down the stretch.
Next up: vs. No. 1 Texans
31. Oakland Raiders (LW: 31, 3-7)
- Will need a lot of help to get the top pick.
Next up: vs. No. 23 Browns
32. Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 32, 1-9)
- Romeo Crennel is pounding his chest for not getting blown out... your 2012 Chiefs!
Next up: vs. No. 26 Panthers
NFL Week 13 Power Rankings (via sbnation)