The NFL Power Rankings for Week 8 are here and the New York Giants have made a major push for the top spot after taking out RGIII. The New York Jets have no thoughts of making a run at the Giants and the rest of the league's elite, but there were plenty of positives to pull from the loss to the New England Patriots.
A big win over the Cowboys and Big Blue will once again reclaim their place atop the football world.
1. Houston Texans (LW: 4, 6-1)
- Straight up destruction of the Ravens is worthy of the top spot.
Next up: Bye
2. New York Giants (LW: 3, 5-2)
- Eli is a bad, bad man.
Next up: at No. 18 Cowboys
3. Atlanta Falcons (LW: 1, 6-0)
- Still the only undefeated team, but the Texans earned the right to sling shot to No. 1.
Next up: at No. 23 Eagles
4. San Francisco 49ers (LW: 5, 5-2)
- Jim Harbaugh cost you money too?
Next up: at No. 16 Cardinals
5. Denver Broncos (LW: 6, 3-3)
- Peyton vs. Brees on Sunday night? I'll take the over.
Next up: vs. No. 17 Saints
6. Chicago Bears (LW: 9, 5-1)
- Nothing like seeing Jason Campbell line up under center to get everyone in Chicago warmed up to Jay Cutler.
Next up: vs. No. 29 Panthers
7. New England Patriots (LW: 8, 4-3)
- This Pats defense should make the rest of the AFC East feel pretty good about their chances.
Next up: at No. 20 Rams
8. Green Bay Packers (LW: 10, 4-3)
- Charles Woodson's broken collarbone is another hurdle for an already beaten down defense.
Next up: vs. No. 32 Jaguars
9. Baltimore Ravens (LW: 2, 5-2)
- Can they get two bye weeks?
Next up: Bye
10. Minnesota Vikings (LW: 11, 5-2)
- Minny knows extremes! Week after Christian Ponder attempted 52 passes, he had all of 58 yards.
Next up: vs. No. 27 Buccaneers
11. Seattle Seahawks (LW: 7, 4-3)
- Even in defeat, Pete Carroll is trolling Jim Harbaugh, saying the Niners WRs were "overwhelmed" this week.
Next up: at No. 19 Lions
12. Miami Dolphins (LW: 12, 3-3)
- Tannehill and co. are out to avenge a Week 3 overtime loss to the Jets.
Next up: at No. 14 Jets
13. Pittsburgh Steelers (LW: 16, 3-3)
- Now accepting applications for running backs.
Next up: vs. No. 15 Redskins
14. New York Jets (LW: 13, 3-4)
- A loss is a loss, but Mark Sanchez gave Jets fans a reason to be optimistic.
Next up: vs. No. 12 Dolphins
15. Washington Redskins (LW: 15, 3-4)
- Lost to the Giants, but RGIII left the New York defense in awe.
Next up: at No. 13 Steelers
16. Arizona Cardinals (LW: 14, 4-3)
- They only gave up 58 yards passing... and lost. Think about that for a second.
Next up: vs. No. 4 49ers
17. New Orleans Saints (LW: 24, 2-4)
- Onto their second interim head coach just as Drew Brees is hitting his stride.
Next up: at No. 5 Broncos
18. Dallas Cowboys (LW: 25, 3-3)
- Not in last place any more, but Big Blue can change that this week.
Next up: vs. No. 2 Giants
19. Detroit Lions (LW: 17, 2-4)
- Ndamukong Suh clearly has Jay Cutler at the top of hit list.
Next up: vs. No. 11 Seahawks
20. St. Louis Rams (LW: 18, 3-4)
- No shame in being torched by Aaron Rodgers, but only 20 points (seven in the final seconds) against a beat up D?
Next up: vs. No. 7 Patriots
21. San Diego Chargers (LW: 19, 3-3)
- Maybe the Chargers should try out a better brand of Stick 'Em.
Next up: at No. 31 Browns
22. Indianapolis Colts (LW: 27, 3-3)
- Don't laugh, but this team could win 10 games.
Next up: at No. 26 Titans
23. Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 22, 3-3)
- I'm sure firing the defensive coordinator will help Mike Vick hold onto the ball.
Next up: vs. No. 3 Falcons
24. Buffalo Bills (LW: 20, 3-4)
- Infighting has started early this year in Buffalo.
Next up: Bye
25. Cincinnati Bengals (LW: 23, 3-4)
- Promising start has already been squandered and they have the Broncos and Giants waiting after the bye.
Next up: Bye
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LW: 21, 2-4)
- Defense wasn't so tough when the Chiefs weren't on the other side of the line.
Next up: at No. 10 Vikings
28. Oakland Raiders (LW: 31, 2-4)
- Luckily ran into an equally inept Jaguars squad.
Next up: at No. 30 Chiefs
29. Carolina Panthers (LW: 29, 1-5)
- Cam Newton already got his GM fired... is the head coach next?
Next up: at No. 6 Bears
30. Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 32, 1-5)
- The Brady Quinn Era has officially begun!
Next up: vs. No. 28 Raiders
31. Cleveland Browns (LW: 28, 1-6)
- They have no interest in giving up the No. 1 pick without a fight.
Next up: vs. No. 21 Chargers
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (LW: 30, 1-5)
- MJD's injury could make them the heavy favorite for the No. 1 pick.
Next up: at No. 8 Packers
NFL Week 8 Power Rankings (via sbnnfl)