Good morning, New York/New Jersey sports fans! How are you spending the day that is predicted to be the end of the world?
- If you are a New York Mets fan you will spend it happily. Secure in the knowledge that the final time your team played the New York Yankees it got the upper hand, winning, 2-1.
- If you are a Yankee fan you will spend it wondering if the Yankees will ever be able to score consistently without hitting home runs. Of course, if Harold Camping's doomsday prediction is right, it won't matter. You won't need the answer.
- If you are a New York Rangers fan, you will meet the apocalypse at least understanding why Derek Boogaard died. He died an accidental death from mixing oxycodene and alcohol.
- If you are an NFL fan, you will never know how the labor dispute would have been resolved.
- If you are a horse racing fan, the end of the world will have to come without your seeing another Triple Crown winner. You will never know if Animal Kingdom could have won the Preakness Stakes Saturday evening and headed to the Belmont Stakes in New York with a chance to be the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978.
- If you are a college lacrosse fan you will never know whether or not Syracuse could have won the 2011 NCAA Lacrosse Tournament.
- If you are a New York Knicks or New Jersey Nets fan you will never know how the upcoming NBA Draft would have turned out.
By the way, gang, I really hope you are not spending your day worrying about all this doomsday stuff. See you tomorrow. Have a great day!