Good morning, New York sports fans! Let's get right to our first look at the regional sports scene.â†µ
- The death of New York Rangers' tough guy Derek Boorgaard at age 28 is a stunner. You just don't expect these things. All we can do is send condolences to the Boorgaard family and the Rangers organization. â†µ
- New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck spent time this week helping tornado victims in Alabama. Tuck shared some perspective on what he saw in Alabama compared to the NFL labor dispute. Listen to Tuck, and negotiators from both sides should be ashamed of themselves. â†µ
- The New York Yankees' recent struggles continued Friday night in a 5-4 loss to the Boston Red Sox. Look at the names up and down the Yankee lineup and the last thing you would expect is for the Bronx Bombers to be struggling offensively. That, though, is what is happening.
- The New York Mets rallied to beat the Houston Astros, 6-4, Friday night. â†µ
- The New York Islanders made some news Friday, signing young star Michael Grabner to a five-year contract. The Islanders have been an afterthought around these parts for a while, and maybe that is changing. â†µ