The New York Giants are scheduled to pick 19th and the New York Jets 30th when the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft is held Thursday night at Radio City Music Hall (8 p.m. ET, ESPN, ESPN2, NFL Network). The Carolina Panthers have the first pick, and are widely expected to select Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, the Heisman Trophy winner.
This will be the second year of the NFL's three-day draft format. Round 1 will be held Thursday night. Rounds 2 and 3 will be held Friday (6 p.m., ESPN, ESPN2, NFL Network). Rounds 4-7 will be held Saturday beginning at noon (ESPN, ESPN2, NFL Network).
The Giants, coming off a 10-6 season in which they did not make the playoffs for the second straight year, have eight selections in the draft. Those selections are as follows:
- Round 1 -- 19th overall; Round 2 -- 52nd; Round 3 -- 83rd; Round 4 -- 117th; Round 6 -- 185th, 198th (compensatory), 202nd (compensatory); Round 7 -- 221st.
The Jets are coming off a season in which they went to the AFC Championship Game for the second consecutive time. They have six selections in the draft. Those selections are as follows:
- Round 1 -- 30th overall; Round 3 -- 94th; Round 4 -- 126th; Round 5 -- 161st; Round 6 -- 194th; Round 7 -- 208th (from Arizona).
SB Nation New York has been compiling Giants and Jets draft information for several weeks now. Here is some of what you can find:
- Giants' Mock Draft Summaries
- Jets' Mock Draft Summaries
- Giants' Position-By-Position Draft Analysis
- Jets' Position-By-Position Draft Analysis
SB Nation New York Draft Special Section, including player interviews and other draft-related features.