Good morning, New York-area sports fans! Big East Conference Tournament, NFL Lockout, NHL action, some bad news for the New York Mets. There is lots to talk about about this morning, so let's get going.
- BIG EAST CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT: 'Kemba and the Miracles' did it again Saturday night. The Connecticut Huskies defeated the Louisville Cardinals, 69-66, to win the Big East title. Connecticut won five games in five days to earn the championship.
- SELECTION SUNDAY: NCAA Tournament seedings will be announced this evening. There could be as many as 11 Big East teams in the Big Dance, and we know Syracuse and St. John's will be among them. Let's just see how good of a seed each team gets.
- NHL: The New Jersey Devils moved within six points of a playoff berth in the Eastern Conference with a 3-2 overtime victory over the New York Islanders on Saturday night. The New York Rangers earned a key victory over San Jose, pushing them into seventh place in the Eastern Conference.
- MLB: Johan Santana's rehab from arm surgery is not going well, and there is a possibility the New York Mets ace will not make it back to the mound this season.
- NFL LOCKOUT: New York Jets owner Woody Johnson and New York Giants owners John Mara and Steve Tisch each issued statements on Saturday trying to soothe fans following the beginning of the NFL Lockout.