The first round of NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision playoffs were completed Saturday and the 20-team field is now narrowed down to 16. One of those schools left is Stony Brook University, which moved onto the second round with a thrilling 31-28 victory over the University at Albany. With the victory the Seawolves advanced to play the tournament's No. 1-overall seed, Sam Houston State, Saturday, Dec. 3.
Here are the first-round results of the 2011 FCS playoffs:
- James Madison 20, Eastern Kentucky 17
- Old Dominion 35, Norfolk State 28
- Stony Brook 31, Albany 28
- Central Arkansas 34, Tennessee Tech 14.
Here are the second-round match ups (all games played Saturday, Dec. 3):
- Stony Brook (9-3) at No. 1-seeded Sam Houston State (11-0)
- New Hampshire (8-3) at Montana State (9-2)
- Wofford (8-3) at No. 5 University of Northern Iowa (9-2)
- Central Arkansas (9-3) at No. 4 Montana (9-2)
- Old Dominion (10-2) at No. 3 Georgia Southern (9-2)
- Maine (8-3) at Appalachian State (8-3)
- Lehigh (10-1) at Towson (9-2)
- James Madison (8-4) at No. 2 North Dakota State (10-1)
Click here, for more from SB Nation on the FCS playoffs.