New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin did not hold back when it came to ripping his players Sunday night. After watching the Giants' dreadful performance in a critical 17-10 loss at home to the Philadelphia Eagles, who could blame him?
Among Coughlin's most biting remarks:
- "We have no first downs to show, we have no yardage to show, we have no rushing yardage with 29 yards, which is about as pathetic as it can get."
- "I am very disappointed because coming out of San Francisco the talk was -- by the players -- we will fight, we will fight, we will play hard and we will do all those things. I didn't see that. I saw the penalties. I saw the skirmishes, the things that become a thing of discipline and the things that take away your focus from the game."
- "I didn't like the way we played. ... It was a very poor performance."
- "We got physically handled."
- "As I just said to each one of the players, first start off with yourself and look at yourself in the mirror. Ask yourself. Because my question for them was ‘why?' What does it take to understand what the Eagles were going to be like coming here? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the team is 3-6 with their backs to the wall, they are going to play their butts off. To get to where we wanted to go, we had to play better and harder and we didn't."
No argument from here about anything Coughlin said. The Giants were absolutely awful.
More Post-Game Transcripts