Good morning, New York sports fans! Here is your first look at what is happening around the local sports scene today.â†µ
- The old Yankee Stadium was 'The House That Ruth Built.' Can we call the new Yankee Stadium 'The House That CC Owns"? Yankee ace CC Sabathia won his 15th straight decision at the Stadium Sunday in a 10-0 rout of Seattle. By the way, Robinson Cano (6 RBI Sunday) is not a bad replacement cleanup hitter, is he? The Yankees send 23-year-old rookie Ivan Nova to the mound tonight against Toronto for his first major-league start. See Pinstripe Alley for more.
- The Mets were done in Sunday by a pair of ex-New Yorkers. Ex-Yankee farmhand Jose Tabata and ex-Met Lastings Milledge homered as Pittsburgh edged the Mets, 2-1. See Amazin' Avenue for more discussion. â†µ
- Quarterback Eli Manning will return to full practice for the New York Giants today, but he still will not be wearing a helmet. â†µ
- The New York Jets are apparently close to a deal with center Nick Mangold, and they might have a deal with cornerback Darrelle Revis. â†µ
- The WNBA New York Liberty won their franchise record 22nd regular season game Sunday, defeating the Connecticut Sun, 88-87, in overtime. Cappie Pondexter had 31 points, six assists and four steals for the Liberty (22-12). It's on to the playoffs now for the Liberty. â†µ