Good morning, New York sports fans! Here is today's first look around the New York sports scene.â†µ
- The New York Yankees lost to the Boston Red Sox, 2-1, in a game that should remind all Yankee fans how difficult the road to World Series title No. 28 can be in the playoffs. Tremendous pitching, which the Red Sox got from Jon Lester, Daniel Bard and Jonathan Papelbon, is an equalizer. â†µ
- The Mets had the night off, so they could not cause their fans any more heartache. New York is back in action tonight against the Colorado Rockies at Citi Field, where they get the misfortune of having to face 17-game winner Ubaldo Jiminez. Maybe they should take tonight off, too.
- In Lou We Trust is trying not to get angry about the Ilya Kovalchuk decision. Are the fine folks there succeeding? Judge for yourself. â†µ
- For the New York Jets it comes down to this. Find a way to make Darrelle Revis happy, or forget those Super Bowl aspirations. We will do our best to keep you up-to-date on the latest developments. â†µ
- NFL training camps almost always feature a fight or two, though what passes for a "fight" today might not be the same as fights of years gone by. New York Giants camp featured a couple of skirmishes Monday, as things have begun to get a little testy in Albany. â†µ