The Mets take on the Washington Nationals in a four-game series starting tomorrow, so here's a quiz that involves intertwining players and events in the two franchise's histories (so, yes, that means a lot of questions about the Montreal Expos). The answers will be posted tomorrow.â†µ
1. The first game in Montreal Expos history took place on April 8, 1969, at Shea Stadium. What future Met outfielder went two for three and hit a home run in that game for the Expos?â†µ
2. The last game in Expos history was also played at Shea Stadium, on Oct. 3, 2004. The two players who played center field for Montreal that day would both later go on to play for the Mets. Who were they?â†µ
3. Which regular (non-pitcher) on the 2006 Mets started his career with the Expos?â†µ
4. During the 1976 season, the Expos traded Jim Dwyer and Pepe Mangual to the Mets for Del Unser and this longtime Met third baseman.â†µ
5. Which player traded to Montreal in the Gary Carter deal came back to the Mets for a second tour of duty?â†µ
For more Mets news and discussion, check out SB Nation's Amazin' Avenue.