Your first look at what is brewing today on the New York sports scene.â†µ
- Javier Vazquez heard an unusual sound Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium. He actually earned some cheers while pitching seven one-run innings as the New York Yankees defeated the Baltimore Orioles, 3-1. See Pinstripe Alley for all your Yankee analysis. â†µ
- Mike Pelfrey of the New York Mets was even better than Javy, pitching eight one-run innings Tuesday as the Mets defeated the San Diego Padres, 4-2.
- I'm not really sure why New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin needs defending after four playoff appearances in five seasons. But Big Blue View (yes, that's me) is defending TC this morning, anyway. â†µ
- Coach Clyde? I'm not sure so Walt Frazier could handle the obscurity of an NBA assistant coach. But, Posting and Toasting has nominated him for that role with the New York Knicks, anyway. â†µ
- Jon Gruden and Rex Ryan in the same place at the same time? How did anyone else ever get to speak? Gang Green Nation looks at Gruden's visit to the New York Jets. â†µ