We're two days away from another Subway Series, which means it's time for a quiz about players who have played for both New York teams. The answers will be posted tomorrow.â†µ
1. Name the Met who was traded to Montreal for Don Hahn, and then a few months later was shipped from the Expos to the Yankees for Ron Woods.â†µ
2. After the 1975 season, Willie Randolph was traded to the Yankees from Pittsburgh along with one future Met pitcher while another hurler who would pitch one game for the Mets a few years later would be sent to the Pirates in the same deal. Name the two pitchers.â†µ
3. Name the Met center fielder that set the franchise record for single-season hits in 1996 who spent part of the 2000 season with the Yankees.â†µ
4. Name the onetime California Angel All-Star pitcher who spent the last season of his career with both the Mets and the Yankees.â†µ
5. Felipe, Matty, Jesus and Moises Alou each played for one New York team. Name the teams they played for.â†µ
For more Mets and Yankees news and discussion, check out SB Nation's Amazin' Avenue and Pinstripe Alley.