The biggest competition in New York Mets camp this spring is at second base. Here's a quiz about a few of the players who have manned the position over the years for the Amazin's. The answers will be posted tomorrow.â†µ
1. This second baseman was the first-ever Met to start in an All-Star Game.
2. Al Weis hit a famous home run in the 1969 World Series, but who was the Met second baseman who blasted two long balls in the NLCS sweep of the Braves that same season?â†µ
3. Jose Reyes holds the single-season franchise record for plate appearances (and he's also second). Which second baseman comes in at No. 3?â†µ
4. In 1986, Wally Backman and Tim Teufel played every inning of the season at second base for the Mets with the exception of two-thirds of an inning. Who played that one partial inning?â†µ
5. Which second baseman holds the franchise record for most hits in one game?â†µ