Todd McShay of ESPN has continued his series of mock drafts, with the latest revealing multiple scenarios for each team to consider come Thursday, April 26.
For the New York Jets, he flushed out five thoughts:
- McShay believes Melvin Ingram, a defensive end/outside linebacker from South Carolina, is the dream scenario for New York, but notes that he'll be long gone.
- Riley Reiff, an offensive tackle from Iowa, would also fill a need, but like Ingram will be off the board at 16.
- He points to the Jets need for a complimentary wide receiver to Santonio Holmes, but believes with Michael Floyd off of his board that no receiver merits a pick at this point.
- Trading back is an option, assuming Ingram, Reiff, and Floyd are not available.
- Should the Jets stick at 16, McShay believes Chandler Jones, a defensive end/outside linebacker from Syracuse, is an intriguing pick with some potential, but not an "ideal" selection for the Jets.
His outlook isn't exactly the brightest for a team that has had an underwhelming (if not compelling) offseason, so it's up to GM Mike Tannenbaum to make sure he nails each of his draft picks.
For more news and updates on the New York Jets be sure to visit Gang Green Nation and SB Nation New York. For more mock draft information, check out Mocking The Draft. Prospect profiles can also be found at the National Football Post, an SB Nation partner.