Good morning, New York sports fans! Here's your first look at today's local sports scene.
- The Syracuse Orange are bowl eligible for the first time since 2004 after edging Rutgers, 13-10: Saturday. As an upstate New York resident I always used to enjoy SU football, but it has been years since I bothered. The Orange are relevant again, and I have actually watched three weeks in a row.
- The New York Jets face the Cleveland Browns today. The Jets hope their offense shows up, and that their defense can take advantage of rookie quarterback Colt McCoy.
- The New York Giants face the Dallas Cowboys this afternoon. The Giants aim to deepen the misery for the 1-7 Cowboys.
- The New Jersey Nets suffered a difficult 91-90 defeat at the hands of the Orlando Magic Saturday night.
- In NHL action, the Rangers defeated Buffalo in overtime, while the Islanders lost their 10th straight, falling to Los Angeles.