Our NFL Power Rankings here at SB Nation NY are here and heading into Week 3 there are still a lot of teams making some big moves. After the New York Jets started out flying high last week, they have been passed by the New York Giants (and plenty of other teams!).
Just like last week, there are a lot of surprises top to bottom, with some major movement. Is anyone out of place?
1. San Francisco 49ers (LW: 3, 2-0)
- Backed up their win at Lambeau last week with an impressive win over the Detroit Lions. This team is for real.
Next up: at No. 21 Vikings
2. Houston Texans (LW: 8, 2-0)
- All the makings of the best defense in the league.
Next up: at No. 7 Broncos
3. Atlanta Falcons (LW: 9, 2-0)
- Defense feasted on Manning early, hung on late.
Next up: vs. No. 9 Chargers
4. New England Patriots (LW: 1, 1-1)
- Followed up an impressive Week 1 performance with a stinker against the Arizona Cardinals. To top things off, they lost star TE Aaron Hernandez for the immediate future.
Next up: at. No. 10 Ravens
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (LW: 15, 1-1)
- Start-to-finish clinic for the Steelers. Great bounce back.
Next up: at No. 32 Raiders
7. Denver Broncos (LW: 2, 1-1)
- Fourth quarter rally can't make up for early Manning INT-fest.
Next up: vs. No. 2 Texans
8. Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 22, 2-0)
- Stood up to the Ravens defense and came out on top (even after spending plenty of time on his back).
Next up: vs. No. 14 Cardinals
9. San Diego Chargers (LW: 16, 2-0)
- Still deciding if the Chargers are that good or the Titans are the worst team in football.
Next up: vs. No. 3 Falcons
11. New York Giants (LW: 17, 1-1)
- Now that was the never-say-die team we were so used to seeing.
Next up: vs. No. 18 Panthers
12. Dallas Cowboys (LW: 5, 1-1)
- Followed up a thumping of the New York Giants by getting whipped by the Seattle Seahawks.
Next up: vs. No. 17 Buccaneers
13. Washington Redskins (LW: 6, 1-1)
- Lost a tight game to the St. Louis Rams and two defensive starters for the season in Brian Orakpo and Adam Carriker.
Next up: vs. No. 25 Bengals
14. Arizona Cardinals (LW: 19, 1-1)
- Yes, they knocked me out of my suicide pool too.
Next up: vs. No. 8 Eagles
15. Detroit Lions (LW: 12, 1-1)
- Put up a fight on the road against a good Niners team.
Next up: at No. 27 Titans
16. New York Jets (LW: 7, 1-1)
- So, about that strong Jets debut... They came crashing down from that high awfully auickly.
Next up: at No. 28 Dolphins
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LW: 10, 1-1)
- Defense gave up 25 fourth quarter points to the Giants. Enough to get your coach screaming mad.
Next up: at No. 12 Cowboys
18. Carolina Panthers (LW: 20, 1-1)
- OK, maybe Cam doesn't need any help from his teammates. Wow.
Next up: vs. No. 11 Giants
19. Seattle Seahawks (LW: 25, 1-1)
- Defense and mistake free Russell Wilson = nasty combination.
Next up: vs. No. 5 Packers
20. Chicago Bears (LW: 11, 1-1)
- Sure didn't take long for the Bears players to revolt against Jay Cutler.
Next up: vs. No. 22 Rams
21. Minnesota Vikings (LW: 18, 1-1)
- Close win over the Jaguars and then a loss to the Colts? Rough start for the Vikings.
Next up: vs. No. 1 49ers
22. St. Louis Rams (LW: 21, 1-1)
- Lose Jackson, but hold onto a hard fought win over the Redskins thanks to a dumb penalty.
Next up: at No. 20 Bears
23. New Orleans Saints (LW: 13, 0-2)
- The offense is as good as the defense is bad.
Next up: vs. No. 31 Chiefs
24. Indianapolis Colts (LW: 26, 1-1)
- So you mean Andrew Luck isn't going to be a bust?
Next up: vs. No. 30 Jaguars
25. Cincinnati Bengals (LW: 28, 1-1)
- Andy Dalton was good for over 300 yards and three touchdowns, but it was against the Browns.
Next up: at No. 13 Redskins
26. Buffalo Bills (LW: 30, 1-1)
- Recovered from embarrassing loss to the Jets by handing the Chiefs an even worse loss.
Next up: at No. 29 Browns
27. Tennessee Titans (LW: 24, 1-1)
- The Titans can't run or pass the ball, but otherwise things are going well in Memphis.
Next up: vs. No. 15 Lions
28. Miami Dolphins (LW: 32, 1-1)
- Looked like completely different team in Week 2. Too bad no one in Miami saw the game.
Next up: vs. No. 16 Jets
29. Cleveland Browns (LW: 31, 0-2)
- Two tough losses could demoralize the young Browns squad.
Next up: vs. No. 26 Bills
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (LW: 27, 0-2)
- Looked like a Pop Warner team against a tough Texans D.
Next up: at No. 24 Colts
31. Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 23, 0-2)
- Could turn out to be the most talented 3-13 team in recent memory.
Next up: at No. 23 Saints
32. Oakland Raiders (LW: 29, 0-2)
- Beat up by the Dolphins... The Miami Dolphins? Yuck.
Next up: vs. No. 6 Steelers