With the 2012 Summer Olympics in beautiful London, England just a few days old, there haven't been too many medals handed out. However, the race is definitely on to see which country can bring home the most, a friendly yet fierce competition of nations.
So far, it's China leading the way with 12 overall medals, followed by the United States with 11. Italy comes in third with a grand total of eight.
Here are the top five in the standings:
- China: (12) 6 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze
- United States: (11) 3 Gold, 5 Silver, 3 Bronze
- Italy: (8) 2 Gold, 4 Silver, 2 Bronze
- South Korea: (5) 2 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze
- France: (4) 2 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
With quite a few contests underway on Monday morning, there will be plenty of shifting going in the rankings.
For a full look at the medal standings, please click here.
Olympic Medal Count: Team USA Ties China On Day 3 (via sbnation)