If NCAA Tournament fans were look for upsets on Thursday, the first day of March Madness, well, they didn't get it, as only one upset happened on day one. Meaning, if you went chalk with your NCAA Tournament bracket you did pretty well the first day.
The only team to pull off an upset victory was, not surprisingly, No. 12-seeded Va. Commonwealth Rams who downed No. 5 Wichita St. Shockers. Meanwhile, a few teams avoided surprises, especially No. 1 Syracuse Orange, who survived a great effort from the No. 16 UNC-Asheville Bulldogs, 72-65.
Syracuse Orange In NCAA Tournament: Orange Survive UNC-Asheville
Here's a complete rundown of all the scores, results and tibits of Thursday's action of the NCAA Tournament:
(11) Colorado St. Rams 41, (6) Murray St. Racers 58
Tidbit: Racers advance to face winner (3) Marquette on Saturday.
(9) Southern Miss. Golden Eagles 64, (8) Kansas St. Wildcats 70
Tidbit: KSU's Rodney McGruder nets a game-best 30 points, as the Wildcats advance to play (1) Syracuse on Saturday.
(13) Davidson Wildcats 62, (4) Louisville Cardinals 69
Tidbit: Peyton Siva scores team-best 17 points for Cardinals, who advance to play either (5) New Mexico on Saturday.
(13) Montana Grizzlies 43, (4) Wisconsin Badgers 73
Tidbit: Badgers shoot 10-for-19 from behind 3-point arc, as they advance to play either (5) Vanderbilt on Saturday.
(14) BYU Cougars, 68, (3) Marquette Golden Eagles 88,
Tidbit: MU's Jae Crowder tallies game-best 25 points, as Golden Eagles move on to (6) Murray State on Saturday.
(1) UNC-Asheville Bulldogs 65, (1) Syracuse Orange 72,
Tibit: Late controversial calls by referees helps Syracuse move on to face (8) Kansas State on Saturday.
(12) Long Beach St. 49ers 68, (5) New Mexico Lobos 75.
Tidbit: Lobos shoot 50-percent from the field to move on to play (4) Louisville on Saturday.
(12) Harvard Crimson 70, (5) Vanderbilt Commodores 79
Tidbit: Vanderbilt's John Jenkins scores game-best 27 to help Commodores earn a Round of 32 match up with (4) Wisconsin on Saturday.
(16) Western Kentucky Hilltoppers 66, (1) Kentucky Wildcats 81
Tidbit: (1) UK's Terrence Jones tallies 22 points and 10 rebounds, as Wildcats move on to face (8) Iowa State on Saturday.
(5) Wichita St. Shockers 59, Va. Commonwealth Rams, 62
Tidbit: (12) Rams pull off the only upset Thursday, as they advance to play (4) Indiana in NCAAs third round on Saturday.
(10) West Virginia Mountaineers 54, (7) Gonzaga Bulldogs 77
Tidbit: 'Zags get four players in double-figures and shoot 56-percent from the field to earn a trip to the Round of 32, where they will face (1) Ohio State on Saturday.
(14) South Dakota St. Jackrabbits 60, (3) Baylor Bears 68
Tidbit: Pierre Jackson nets 18 to help Bears move on to face (11) Colorado on Saturday.
(9) Connecticut Huskies 64, (8) Iowa St. Cyclones 77
Tidbit: ISU's Chris Allen scores 20, as Cyclones advance to play (1) Kentucky on Saturday.
(13) New Mexico St. Aggies 66, (4) Indiana Hoosiers 79
Tidbit: Jordan Hulls tallies 22 points and Hoosies shoot 59-percent from the floor to advance to play (12) VCU on Saturday.
(15) Loyola, Md. Greyhounds 59, (1) Ohio St. Buckeyes 78
Tidbit: OSU's Deshaun Thomas scores 31 points, as Buckeyes more on to play (7) Gonzaga in Round of 32 on Saturday.
(6) UNLV Runnin' Rebels 64, (11) Colorado Buffaloes 68
Tidbit: Buffaloes shoot 58-percent (7-for-12) from behind the 3-point arc, as they earn a spot in the Round of 32 where they will face (3) Baylor on Saturday.
-- For more on Syracuse, visit Nunes Magician. For more coverage of Syracuse in the 2012 NCAA Tournament, visit SB Nation New York's StoryStream.
For more on the 2012 NCAA Tournament bracket stick with SB Nation's NCAA Tournament hub for a complete printable NCAA Tournament bracket and tons of analysis on every March Madness game.