Josh-USA TODAY Sports
Embarrassing losses send both local teams reeling.
The NFL Power Rankings for Week 16 have found the New York Giants and New York Jets both taking massive tumbles. Big Blue had their doors blown off by the Falcons while Gang Green embarrassed themselves in front of a national TV audience Monday night. With just two weeks left in the regular season, the truly elite teams are rising to the top, while the bottom feeders are jostling for position at the top of the NFL draft.
Check out the latest rankings and let us know what you think!
1. Denver Broncos (LW: 2, 11-3)
- Hottest team in the league gets two scrimmages at home to finish the year.
Next up: vs. No. 22 Browns
2. New England Patriots (LW: 1, 10-4)
- That fourth quarter explosion showed the Pats offense is the best in the league.
Next up: at No. 31 Jaguars
3. San Francisco 49ers (LW: 5, 10-3-1)
- I'd say Colin Kaepernick passed the Bill Belichick test.
Next up: at No. 9 Seahawks
4. Houston Texans (LW: 3, 12-2)
- Rebounded nicely from their beating in New England.
Next up: vs. No. 13 Vikings
5. Atlanta Falcons (LW: 6, 12-2)
- Beatdown of Big Blue was as impressive as it gets.
Next up: at No. 30 Lions
6. Green Bay Packers (LW: 4, 10-4)
- Lost in the shuffle of their winning ways is a kicker unable to split the uprights.
Next up: vs. No. 23 Titans
8. Cincinnati Bengals (LW: 10, 8-6)
- Winners of five of six now get a Steelers team busy fighting with each other.
Next up: at No. 19 Steelers
9. Seattle Seahawks (LW: 11, 9-5)
- The fake punt got all the attention, but are we ignoring they just dropped 50 points two weeks in a row?
Next up: vs. No. 3 49ers
10. Indianapolis Colts (LW: 9, 9-5)
- The meat on the ribs in Kansas City will put up more of a fight this weekend than the Chiefs.
Next up: at No. 32 Chiefs
11. New York Giants (LW: 7, 8-6)
- Battle of struggling teams in Baltimore Sunday afternoon.
Next up: at No. 14 Ravens
12. Dallas Cowboys (LW: 14, 8-6)
- I hope Tony Romo bought Brandon Carr something nice, because the CB saved his bacon.
Next up: vs. No. 15 Saints
13. Minnesota Vikings (LW: 17, 8-6)
- I'm into the history of the game as much as anyone, but shouldn't the Vikings be talking more about the playoffs?
Next up: at No. 4 Texans
14. Baltimore Ravens (LW: 13, 9-5)
- This team was 9-2. Was.
Next up: vs. No. 11 Giants
15. New Orleans Saints (LW: 21, 6-8)
- There's plenty for Drew Brees to play for: Fantasy Football Championships everywhere.
Next up: at No. 12 Cowboys
16. (LW: 8, 8-6)
- Remember when Jay Cutler was an MVP candidate? That was fun.
Next up: at No. 24 Cardinals
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LW: 15, 6-8)
- Maybe Greg Schiano didn't realize the NFL season goes for 16 games?
Next up: vs. No. 18 Rams
18. St. Louis Rams (LW: 16, 6-7-1)
- Well, at least they held Adrian Peterson under 215 yards.
Next up: at No. 17 Buccaneers
19. Pittsburgh Steelers (LW: 18, 7-7)
- Ben Roethlisberger didn't waste any time before throwing his coordinator under the bus after his awful INT that may have cost the Steelers a playoff berth.
Next up: vs. No. 8 Bengals
20. Carolina Panthers (LW: 22, 5-9)
- Can a four game winning streak save Ron Rivera's job? Looks like the Panthers will try to find out.
Next up: vs. No. 29 Raiders
21. Miami Dolphins (LW: 23, 6-8)
- We don't need no stinkin' Chad Henne!
Next up: vs. No. 26 Bills
22. Cleveland Browns (LW: 19, 5-9)
- It looks like the Pat Shurmur experiment will end after two seasons.
Next up: at No. 1 Broncos
23. Tennessee Titans (LW: 29, 5-9)
- The Titans could have made the playoffs... if they played Mark Sanchez every week.
Next up: at No. 6 Packers
24. Arizona Cardinals (LW: 28, 5-9)
- Is it too late to get my MVP vote in for Ryan Lindley?
Next up: vs. No. 16 Bears
25. San Diego Chargers (LW: 24, 5-9)
- How has Phillip Rivers not given Norv Turner the Bud Kilmer treatment yet?
Next up: at No. 27 Jets
26. Buffalo Bills (LW: 25, 5-8)
- How bad are the Bills? Canadians booed them. Canadians!
Next up: at No. 21 Dolphins
27. New York Jets (LW: 20, 6-8)
- Look on the bright side, there weren't any butt fumbles!
Next up: vs. No. 25 Chargers
29. Oakland Raiders (LW: 31, 4-10)
- Win over the Chiefs put the No. 1 pick out of reach.
Next up: at No. 20 Panthers
30. Detroit Lions (LW: 27, 4-10)
- There has to be a special place in Canton for a team that losses to Ryan Lindley.
Next up: vs. No. 5 Falcons
32. Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 32, 2-12)
- That first overall pick is two weeks away from being theirs.
Next up: vs. No. 10 Colts