Big Blue nearly No. 1, while Gang Green are in free fall
The NFL Power Rankings for Week 9 find the New York Giants still just short of the top spot. Meanwhile, the New York Jets take one of the biggest falls of any team in the league.
Is a big shakeup on deck after this weekend?
1. Atlanta Falcons (LW: 3, 7-0)
- Seems fitting for the Falcons to be the team to end the Mike Vick era in Philly.
Next up: vs. No. 20 Cowboys
2. New York Giants (LW: 2, 6-2)
- Any Giants fans get through this weekend without having a heart attack?!
Next up: vs. No. 10 Steelers
3. Houston Texans (LW: 1, 6-1)
- Will get a chance to defend their crown this week at home against Buffalo.
Next up: vs. No. 23 Bills
4. San Francisco 49ers (LW: 4, 6-2)
- So much for the Cards testing the Niners.
Next up: Bye
5. Denver Broncos (LW: 5, 4-3)
- Their one-game lead seems like 10 in the AFC West.
Next up: at No.27 Bengals
6. New England Patriots (LW: 7, 5-3)
- Should Jets fans be more scared of Brady or Sanchez?
Next up: Bye
7. Chicago Bears (LW: 6, 6-1)
- Luckiest 6-1 team ever?
Next up: at No. 28 Titans
8. Green Bay Packers (LW: 8, 5-3)
- Lowly Jags gave the Pack everything they could handle.
Next up: vs. No. 17 Cardinals
9. Baltimore Ravens (LW: 9, 5-2)
- Lucky to get a second by this week with Cleveland.
Next up: at No. 29 Browns
10. Pittsburgh Steelers (LW: 13, 4-3)
- Did Mike Tomlin just reveal the formula to stop RGIII?
Next up: at No. 2 Giants
11. Miami Dolphins (LW: 12, 4-3)
- Magic Matt Moore!
Next up: at No. 16 Colts
13. Seattle Seahawks (LW: 11, 4-4)
- Pete Carroll needs to find more than just "Beast Mode" on offense.
Next up: vs. No. 12 Vikings
14. Detroit Lions (LW: 19, 3-4)
- Still alive... barely.
Next up: at No. 31 Jaguars
15. Washington Redskins (LW: 15, 3-5)
- RGIII vs. Cam is must-see TV.
Next up: vs. No. 30 Panthers
16. Indianapolis Colts (LW: 22, 4-3)
- Peyton who? This is a playoff team.
Next up: vs. No. 11 Dolphins
17. Arizona Cardinals (LW: 16, 4-4)
- Remember when they were 4-0?
Next up: at No. 8 Packers
18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LW: 27, 3-4)
- Welcome to the NFL, Doug Martin.
Next up: at No. 24 Raiders
19. New Orleans Saints (LW: 17, 2-5)
- Just when we thought they were back on track.
Next up: vs. No. 26 Eagles
20. Dallas Cowboys (LW: 18, 3-4)
- Romo was both hero and goat six times on Sunday.
Next up: at No. 1 Falcons
21. San Diego Chargers (LW: 21, 3-4)
- Get a chance to pull off a nearly impossible combination: loses to the Browns and Chiefs.
Next up: vs. No. 32 Chiefs
22. New York Jets (LW: 14, 3-5)
- If it's not Tebow Time now, then will it ever be?
Next up: Bye
23. Buffalo Bills (LW: 24, 3-4)
- Hope you enjoyed your bye, now have fun against the Texans and Pats.
Next up: at No. 3 Texans
24. Oakland Raiders (LW: 28, 3-4)
- This team is a game out of first place?!
Next up: vs. No. 18 Buccaneers
26. Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 23, 3-4)
- Clearly firing the defensive coordinator did the trick.
Next up: at No. 19 Saints
29. Cleveland Browns (LW: 31, 2-6)
- Winning is no way to try and get the No. 1 pick!
Next up: vs. No. 9 Ravens
30. Carolina Panthers (LW: 29, 1-6)
- If only they had an overflow of running backs. Oh, wait.
Next up: at No. 15 Redskins
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (LW: 32, 1-6)
- Somehow pushed the Pack, but are still a favorite for the top spot in April's draft.
Next up: vs. No. 14 Lions
32. Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 30, 1-6)
- The Brady Quinn Era lasted 12:33.
Next up: at No. 21 Chargers