The new college basketball rankings will be released Monday afternoon and because of a bunch of upsets, including No. 1-ranked Syracuse Orange losing to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish; No. 4 Duke Blue Devils losing to Florida State Seminoles; and No. 3 Baylor Bears losing twice this past week, there will be a bunch of shuffling.
I do expect that the Big East Conference's Louisville Cardinals will drop out in both the AP and USA Today/ESPN Coaches' poll, while the West Virginia Mountaineers and Cincinnati Bearcats will (finally) get it.
I have the Indiana Hoosiers, who had issues with Big Ten Conference basement dwellers this week (a loss to the Nebraska Cornhuskers and a scare from Penn St. Nittany Lions) fall all the way to No. 25.
So without further delay, here's my Week 12 College Basketball Rankings projections:
1.) Kentucky Wildcats (19-1)
2) Missouri Tigers (18-1)
3) Syracuse Orange (12-1)
4) Ohio St. Buckeyes (17-3)
5) Kansas Jayhawks (16-3)
6) North Carolina Tar Heels (16-3)
7) Baylor Bears (17-2)
8) Georgetown Hoyas (16-3)
9) Michigan St. Spartans (16-4)
10) Duke Blue Devils (16-3)
11) Murray St. Racers (20-0)
12) UNLV Runnin' Rebels (18-3)
13) San Diego St. Aztecs (17-2)
14) Virginia Cavaliers (15-3)
15) Michigan Wolverines (15-5)
16) Florida Gators (15-4)
17) Creighton Bluejays (18-2)
18) Marquette Golden Eagles (15-4)
19) Mississippi St. Bulldogs (16-4)
20) Connecticut Huskies (14-5)
21) West Virginia Mountaineers (15-5)
22) Cincinnati Bearcats (15-5)
23) St. Mary's, Calif. Gaels (19-2)
24) Kansas St. Wildcats (14-4)
25) Indiana Hoosiers (16-4)
SB Nation's blog South Orange Juice has everything on the Pirates, while Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician is all about the Orange. For more on Big East basketball, visit the SB Nation blog Big East Coast Bias. If you're a college basketball nut, well, SB Nation's college basketball hub will solve your hoops cravings.