The 2011 NBA Finals resume Sunday night as the Miami Heat host the Dallas Mavericks in Game 6. The Mavericks, who defeated the Heat, 112-103, Thursday night, lead the series 3-2 and just need one more victory to win the best-of-seven series. The Heat, who had a 2-1 series lead before dropping games four and five in Dallas, need to find a way to take full advantage of their superior talent.
Mavs' forward Dirk Nowitzki, who's averaging 27.0 points and 9.4 rebounds per game in the finals, has been outstanding all playoffs long. Meanwhile, the Heat's superstar Lebron James -- just eight points in Game 4, a triple-double in Game 5 -- has been inconsistent. It also will be interesting to see how James' teammate, Dewayne Wade, will play after suffering a hip injury early in Game 5.
If you'd like to catch the game tonight (8 p.m. on ABC) here's the series' TV schedule and past results:
- Game 1: Miami 92, Dallas 84
- Game 2: Dallas 95, Miami 93
- Game 3: Miami 88, Dallas 86
- Game 4: Dallas 86, Miami 83
- Game 5: Dallas 112, Miami 103 (Mavericks lead series, 3-2)
- Game 6: Sun., June 12 in Miami, 8 p.m. (ABC)
- Game 7: Tue., June 14 in Miami, 9 p.m. (ABC)