We're less than 48 hours away from Super Bowl XLV, which means you better figure out the type of cheese to put in the chili-dipping sauce (sharp cheddar is my go to!). But if you're not cooking and just want news on the Green Bay Packers or Pittsburgh Steelers, who play Sunday night in Dallas, TX. SB Nation New York has all the latest news on the big game. Here's what's going on at the NY sports empire:
- The New York Knicks had a fourth quarter collapse Friday night and lost at the Philadelphia 76ers, 100-98.
- A night after beating the Rangers, the New Jersey Devils fell in overtime, 4-3, to the visiting Florida Panthers.
- The Nets extended it's road-losing streak to 12 games, after falling to the Detroit Pistons, 92-82.
- Here at SB Nation New York, we're not sure what to make of the mess that deals with the Mets' ownership and Bernie Madoff but here's the latest.
- This afternoon's college hoops action features: No. 17 Syracuse Orange finishing their three-game road trip at the South Florida Bulls (2 p.m. on SNY); while St. John's head coach Steve Lavin returns to Los Angeles as St. John's plays at UCLA (1 p.m. on CBS).